SafeMoon is the web-3 movement for everyone, where fuelling invocation and protecting our world comes first! Our network and platform connects the creators of the future, with a thriving community of backer, champions, and change makers. The SafeMoon token combines our unique approach to Tokenomics with our “Fuel-for-good” SWAP platform. Offering anyone from the industry-passionate to the crypto-curious, a safe place to exchange coins and tokens, whilst contributing to world changing projects.
The SafeMoon R&D partnership program then actively seeks out innovators and innovations, who work to protect our planet. From here SafeMoon provides them with a platform to seek support from the web-3 world. Prior to this SafeMoon started as a leading innovative blockchain tech company serving 2.5 million holders and building part of an alternative financial system which enables trading on peer to peer chain networks without the interventions of centralized systems. With multiple successful products and a community driven, fair launched DeFi Token, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world.
About the role:
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure team to work directly with the Head of Infrastructure building out highly available and scalable infrastructure and teams with direct ramifications to scale of the infrastructure organization and the entirety of the business.
What are the core responsibilities?
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications to increase SafeMoon’s automation across our IT operations
- Ensure that the underlying infrastructure is running smoothly and that all systems and tools are working as expected
- Participate in an On-Call Rotation ensuring all issues are responded to and managed in accordance with SLA’s
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create documentation to ensure repeatable actions are consistent and automated with guidance from the Head of Infrastructure, plan and map out the growth of SafeMoon’s infrastructure
- Debug production issues across a variety of services and products within SafeMoon
- Plan and execute disaster recovery
- Develop CI/CD/CD processes with a GitOps focus to empower boring deployments for our devs
- Automate all the things!
What do you need to have to be successful?
- Have a document first! attitude - Strong and demonstrable documentation and communication skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- Rich computer science background, mainly with UNIX based systems required
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with private/public cloud computing, including infrastructure, storage, platforms, and data management required
- Previous experience working at a tech company or demonstrated experience in working in complex and fast-paced environments
- Constant desire to learn and improve within the infra space
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability to quickly identify the root cause and resolve critical issues by looking across multiple layers (OS, network, virtualization, application/DB, and storage)
- Passion for unlocking the crypto economy
- Possess a systems focused mindset where edge cases, failure modes, behaviors and specific implementations are always at the forefront of your decision making
- Demonstrated experience with Nginx or Apache, HAproxy, Docker, K8s, Terraform, or similar technologies
- Have experience with an issue tracking tool like Jira and a documentation tool like Confluence
- Have a passion for monitoring and observability and experience using any popular infrastructure monitoring tool
- Some experience with or exposure to building an LDAP infrastructure is advantageous
- Experience with modern scripting languages (Go, Python) preferred
- Some experience or exposure to deploying and scaling Java applications is advantageous