SafeMoon is a leading innovative blockchain tech company serving 2.5 million holders and our community is at the heart of everything we do. We are part of an alternative financial system which enables trading on peer to peer chain networks without the interventions of centralized systems. With multiple successful products and a community driven, fair launched DeFi Token, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world.
Reporting to the VP of R&D and Product, the Director of Product Management role is dynamic and diverse. Leading multiple direct reports and a broader team of software development and network architecture, you and your team will set clear strategic goals and roadmaps to deliver best in class customer experiences across our product suite. With a constant focus on optimisation and innovation, you drive digital adoption and support customer growth metrics across our entire product portfolio.
What are the core responsibilities?
- Set clear strategic goals and roadmaps across the existing product portfolio
- Develop and implement new product strategies in conjunction with the leadership team
- Ensure product strategies align to the broader business strategy, vision and purpose, measured by specific revenue, growth and engagement metrics.
- Build, execute, and maintain a comprehensive Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) system to ensure the delivery of the product roadmap and deliver related objectives and key results end to end.
- Lead and develop a high-performance Product development organization that drives an execution culture rooted in Agile, Lean and iterative development principles.
- Manage product development operations, ensuring products and features deliver as expected and to required quality in the market.
- Manage improvement and feature requests.
- Ensure constant innovation / optimisation across all product channels that drive product adoption.
- Recruit, lead, mentor, guide and nurture the Product Development team
- Play a key role in helping the team and business adopt agile ways of working and embed new processes
- Develop and report on key metrics
- Provide strategic advice on project scope, schedule, budget, priorities and risks whilst managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor all product development operations on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress, risks, cost and quality whilst providing updates to the leadership team.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders across the business serving as a liaison for the team and ensuring clear and efficient product road mapping, product planning, prioritization, and an overall agile product development process is maintained and communicated.
What do you need to have to be successful?
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, such as a degree in Computer Science, Engineering Business Administration, Economics, or an equivalent.
- Proven experience leading a product function, ideally with P&L responsibilities for one or more products.
- Previous experience of at least 10 years working as a Product Manager or Owner with cross-functional software development teams in an agile environment working on web, mobile and API technologies.
- Experience in leading, structuring, and guiding Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) ecosystems from planning, testing, staging, to production release.
- Strong grasp and knowledge of but not limited to the following: SWIFT, JAVA, Python, XML, C++, Objective-C, Web Development, BlockChain and BlockChain Contracts as well as NFT development are a must.
- Understanding of web3 related libraries and API documentation like Infura, BSC Scan, Etherscan.io, getblock.io etc
- Working knowledge of smart contracts that integrate with ABI’s and/or API’s
- Experience leading software development teams in agile development and broader agile transformations.
- Experience in developing and communicating product strategies to various stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in leading and developing people, both with direct and indirect reporting lines (leading cross functional teams).
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing opportunities and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Excellent organizational, verbal & written communication skills.
- Fluent in change management, communication and general business process transformation methodologies and principles. Knowledge of ITIL/Agile/Scrum/Kanban and other IT methodologies and frameworks is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with project management software.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Adaptable to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Passion for unlocking the crypto economy